- This event has passed.
Shaping Our Renewable Energy Future Together – Hilo Public Meeting
March 5 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Join us at our public meeting in Hilo and learn how Hawaiian Electric uses Integrated Grid Planning (IGP) to shape our renewable energy future together at Hilo High School cafeteria.
***Part 1: Open House 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.***
The open house will feature several stations staffed by Hawaiian Electric representatives to provide information and answer questions on various aspects of IGP and other customer energy options.
***Part 2: Panel Discussion 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.***
A panel discussion with local representatives from various organizations will share different perspectives on getting to 100% renewables. Attendees will have the opportunity to submit or ask questions of the panel members during the facilitated Q&A session.
Panelists who will share their perspective on getting to 100 percent renewables are:
• Colton Ching – Senior Vice President, Planning and Technology (Hawaiian Electric)
• Kevin Waltjen – Director, Hawaii Island (Hawaiian Electric)
• Lisa Dangelmaier – Director, System Operations and Planning (Hawaiian Electric)
• Riley Saito – Deputy Director, Research and Development (County of Hawaii)
• Ron Terry – Principal (Geometrician Associates)
• Carol Ignacio – Community
Pupus will be provided!
Can’t join us? Visit our virtual open house between March 2 – 20, 2020 at www.hawaiianelectric.com/igp
Questions? Email us at IGP@hawaiianelectric.com
Learn more: www.hawaiianelectric.com/igp