Aloha Big Islanders. In this time of chaos and confusion, BigIslandPulse.com wants to make sure that we are using our platform and our voices to help our beloved community. Though we are not a breaking news site, we will be pivoting our content just a bit to make sure that our readers can rely on us as a resource to receive all of the important information that you need to keep yourselves, your ‘ohana, and your community safe. We’re all in this together, and we want to make sure that we all keep the spirit of community alive as we all deal with the COVID-19 virus together.
Here are a few ways we hope to help the community get through this tough time TOGETHER. If you have any other great ideas about how we can help, please let us know.
- If you have important news to share, please get in touch ASAP. If it’s appropriate to post, we will get it on the website as soon as possible. You can email us at: email@example.com or contact us HERE
- We will be increasing the frequency of our newsletter from one to two editions per week for the next few weeks to make sure information reaches you. If you aren’t already receiving our newsletter on Fridays, scroll to the very bottom of this page to sign up.
- We are offering discounted advertising packages for local businesses who are new customers. We especially want to offer our best rates to the tourism and hospitality industries, which experts predict will be hit the hardest. For more information about becoming one of our community partners, email us at aloha [at] bigislandpulse.com.
- We have created a dedicated “COVID-19” category to make sure that you can find information quickly and easily on our site.
- Because we know that no one needs all COVID, all the time, we will continue to provide great featured content about the Big Island community both on our website and on our social media channels. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
Thank you for the opportunity to continue to serve as your community resource. Now go wash your hands and drink some water!